The VA Mission Act
Updates to Developing an Integrated High Performing Network
The VA Mission Act:
- Consolidates seven VA community care programs into one streamlined program.
- Removes arbitrary 30-day/40-mile barriers to veterans’ care in the community.
- Authorizes access to walk-in community clinics for enrolled veterans who have previously used VA healthcare services in the last two years.
- Requires the VA to monitor the program and report to Congress on the care provided to veterans.
- Requires the VA to establish and submit to Congress a strategy to ensure all VA and community care programs are operating efficiently and effectively based on a number of factors including veterans’ satisfaction and access guidelines and quality standards, among others.
- Provides $5.2 billion for the Veterans Choice Fund.