Updates Brought Forth by the 2018 Mission Act
A Summary of the recent program updates brought forth by the VA Mission Act of 2018
The VA Mission Act:
- Removes barriers for VA healthcare professionals to practice telemedicine.
- Provides additional resources for hiring and retention of VA healthcare professionals.
- Strengthens peer-to-peer support for veterans undergoing care for trauma or in rural areas.
- Establishes mobile deployment teams for underserved and rural facilities to provide specialized and routine healthcare.
- Allows VA to provide transplant procedures on a live donor.
- Allows the VA to modernize assets and infrastructure.